Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Web Use

Changing the Way, I Will Use the Web

          Upon taking this course I believed that having a technical degree in computer information and networking technologies I would simply breeze through the class with a minimal amount of material learned. BOY WAS I WRONG!

          During this course I have realized that my technical degree only supplied me with the know how, why, and security functions of the Internet. I had no idea that this class offered such a more in depth view of the capabilities that we are now able to use on the Internet. The use of; Wiki's, Flickr, blogging, online testing, data management, social connectivity, and Internet applications have now been open to me for future use and reference. The way I view the web now has changed to such an extent that I have almost re-programmed the way I use the Internet in day to day use as well as in practice. I have begun incorporating the old method of basic Internet use with my new found knowledge acquired from this course. I can see myself in the future (after completing my degree and after a few years of experience in the business world) applying the Wiki power to my consulting firm in order to expedite client requests using specially formed teams for each project. The use of blogging can be used to update my clients on our services offered and new innovations. Using social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ I can see my business grow without having to spend as much money or personal capital advertising. By using online applications I will be able to reduce the amount of overhead, network downtime, digital storage space, and technical support. 

          The Web 2.0 lessons learned will be valuable throughout my career not only as a student finishing my undergrad but also in grad school and the working (Social Security provider) world. I am excited to contribute my knowledge derived from this course into real world application. 

1 comment: